A Possum’s Tale
Jimmy Possum has established itself as one of Australia's premier furniture and upholstery makers.
Owned and directed by husband and wife team Margot and Alan Spalding, Jimmy Possum employs over 100 staff, including Cabinetmakers, Upholsterers and Production staff, with 35 of these being apprentices.
At their factory in Bendigo, Victoria, Margot and Alan provide small working benefits for their keen and loyal staff - breakfast each morning, newspapers, fresh fruit and nuts throughout the day, counselling services and recreational activities.
These extra incentives in the workplace have helped establish a winning working culture that ensures the best from their staff.
Family-owned and with a family conscious, Jimmy Possum is one of the leaders in their field.
JIMMY POSSUM - FAST FACTS:
- Margot Spalding was named 2006 Telstra Australian Business Woman of the Year.
- Jimmy Possum offers more than 1000 products through five retail stores as well as supplying furniture to 66 stores across Australia.
- The company is a true family business.
- It designs, manufactures, promotes and sells its own product.
- It also employs a full-time business sustainability co-ordinator who critically reviews every aspect of the business for environmental sustainability