The IPROWD Initiative – TAFE NSW working with the NSW Police Force
The IPROWD Program is a unique partnership between TAFE NSW, the NSW Police Force, Charles Sturt University and the Australian Government. IPROWD provides opportunities for Aboriginal people across NSW to gain the skills and confidence to join the NSW Police Force.
This partnership's objectives were to:
- Provide opportunities for Aboriginal people to reach their goal of joining the NSW Police Force.
- Provide opportunities for Aboriginal people to meet the academic entrance requirements for Charles Sturt University, Associate Degree in Policing studies by completing the IPROWD program.
- Deliver an employment focused program with a clear pathway to employment in the NSW Police Force.
- Provide a structured case management approach to pre course, course and post course student support that focuses on individual strategies that assists students to overcome barriers to reach their goal.
- Work in partnership with the NSW Police Force and other key stakeholders to ensure the program is sustainable and effective.