An AiGTS Apprentice
SkillsOne visits Bishop Manufacturing, who manufacture hydraulic power steering . We chat to Paul Sobolweski, who shows us around the workshop.
We also chat to apprentice toolmaker Semesa Vadisa, about how he became an apprentice. He was placed with Bishop Manufacturing through the AI Group Training program.
Eric Milne, AiGTS State Manager chats about what benefits a Group Training Facility can provide!
AiGTS takes the hassle out of employing an apprentice, trainee or cadet with the following administrative and management services:
Apprentice/trainee recruitment and selection service
- Advertise vacancy on your behalf
- Interview applicants to meet your specific needs
- Verify apprentice/trainee current skill level/aptitude testing
- Shortlist and refer only suitable candidates
- Arrange and schedule interviews on your behalf – you make the final decision.
Payroll and administration
- Apprentice/trainee superannuation
- Weekly payment of apprentice/trainee wages and allowances
- Sick leave, public holidays, annual leave payments
- Training fees.
Apprentice/Trainee counselling and support
- Provide guidance and mentoring if required
- Monitor on the job and off the job training
- Regular contact with host and apprentice/trainee to check progress
- Monitor work performance.
Liaison with training bodies
- Assist you with developing the training plan
- Source and liaise with appropriate Registered Training Organisation
- Organise and deliver either on the job or off the job training
- Liaise with the Australian Apprenticeship Centre (AAC)
- Ensure smooth and effective training implementation
- Finding solutions for any specific training problems.
- Cost effective solution – no administration overheads
- Occupational Health and Safety induction and compliance check
- Quick response time to your enquiry – within 24 hours
- Regular communication via newsletter, email or fax – depending on your preference
- Clear understanding of your apprentice/trainee needs.
For more information on AiGTS, check out their website .