Skills and Thrills
SKILLS AND THRILLS PARENTS SHOWCASE GOES DIGITAL
SKILLS AND THRILLS DIGITAL PARENTS SHOWCASE
The Skills and Thrills Digital Parents Showcase is an engaging and informative 20 minute video created to highlight Vocational Education and Training (VET) and the success stories that emanate from VET pathways. The Digital Parents Showcase will help parents better understand vocational pathways, including apprenticeships/traineeships and school-based apprenticeships/traineeships, and gives parents the knowledge they need to help their children make informed career choices post high school.
SkillsOne has created a free video that parents can access to learn about the following;
- Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- TAFE/ Private Training Providers
- Industry trends
- Covid-19 impacts on industry
- Funding options available (Smart and Skilled)
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) Options: School -delivered VET, SBATs and EVET
- Where to find information
- Resources and support services
Supporting this video, SkillsOne will be holding a live streamed Q&A panel discussion on the SkillsOne Facebook page on August 26 2020. Industry and education professionals will be available to answer parents’ pre-submitted questions.
HOW PARENTS CAN ACCESS THE CONTENT:
- Content will only be available for a four week period from August 10 to September 4 2020. Content cannot be downloaded or saved, so must be watched during this time.
- To participate, parents need to pre-register their interest to receive viewing information on the SkillsOne homepage
- Content will be free for parents
- Live Q&A Panel discussion on August 26 (evening) on SkillsOne Facebook
- Parents can pre-submit any questions to do with careers/ industry to email@example.com
Skills and Thrills Digital Parent Showcase is an initiative funded by the NSW Department of Education – Learning and Teaching Directorate (Secondary Education).
SKILLS AND THRILLS LIVE PARENTS SHOWCASES
Following on from a very successful pilot round of showcases in 2019 SkillsOne Television working with the NSW Government had planned to host further live Skills and Thrills Careers Showcase Parents Edition events in May 2020. Unfortunately due to Covid-19 the live Parents Edition Showcases are on hold until restrictions lift.
LIVE SHOWCASE LOCATIONS;
(All to be rescheduled)
- Merriwa Central School
- Bossley Park High School
- Sydney Secondary College
- Yass High School
- Toormina High School
- East Hills Boys High School
- Pittwater High School
- The Forest High School
- St Clair High School
- Narara Valley High School
- Eden Marine High School
- Homebush Boys High School
For more information, to request a Skills and Thrills event at your school or for sponsorship enquiries please contact SkillsOne Television:
Skills and Thrills Executive Project Manager, Kirstin Casey, firstname.lastname@example.org or 0420 652 558.
SKILLS AND THRILLS LIVE STUDENT SHOWCASES
The Skills and Thrills Student Showcases were due to be presented by SkillsOne Television in partnership with the NSW Government in May- June 2020, unfortunately however due to Covid-19 all live events are on hold.
In one action packed hour using video, animation, music and guest ambassadors, the Skills and Thrills Showcase will present a unique careers concept that is informative, unique and engaging. The Showcase will take careers advice out of the classroom and onto the big screen.
Information on career options in the vocational sector, industry trends and school-based apprenticeships and traineeships and will inspire students to connect their passion to a career pathway.
Guest Ambassadors from the NSW Training Awards and local industry representatives will be in attendance, to provide personal stories and industry insight. This presentation is suitable for students in years 7-12, with most benefit for students in years 8-10.
Locations and Dates for 2020 include the following towns across NSW
Round 2, May- June 2020:
(All to be rescheduled)
- Batemans Bay
For more information on the Skills and Thrills careers showcase or to request a Skills and Thrills event in your town please contact SkillsOne Television: