The Construction and Property Services Industry Skills Council (CPSISC) is holding its national conference titled The Future Workforce at the Crown Conference Centre in Melbourne 29-30 August 2011.
The key focus of the event is to look at what the construction and property services industries need to do to ensure that there is a skilled and viable workforce for the future. The conference will also address the future needs of the construction and property services workforce. The conference will comprise of approximately 250 delegates from around Australia and internationally who will converge at Crown Conference Centre in Melbourne on Monday 29 and Tuesday 30 August 2011.
Participants will have the opportunity to hear from national and international speakers.
Keynote speakers include:
• The Hon Senator Chris Evans, Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills, Jobs and Workplace Relations has agreed to open the CPSISC Conference.
• Bernard Salt is the conference keynote speaker. Bernard has established an enviable reputation as an advisor to leading property investors and developers on matters relating to market demand
• Ms Dianne Orr, Acting Commissioner of the Australian Skills Quality Authority
• Ms Julie Yeend, Assistant Secretary, COAG Skills Task Force
Concurrent Panel Discussions:
• Sustainability & Alternative Energy
• Attracting and Retaining People in Our industries...From an apprentice, two employers (one from construction and one from property services) and CPSISC’s point of view
• Building a Sustainable Workforce for the Future in Regional Communities
• Working With Equity Groups - Senator Kate Lundy is participating in this discussion.
CPSISC would like to welcome the media to attend. Senator The Hon Chris Evans, Minister for Tertiary education, Skills, Jobs and Workplace relations will be speaking at 10.20am on 29 August 2011. Senator Kate Lundy will be participating in Panel Discussion Group 4 from 1.30- 3pm on Monday 29 August 2011.