Skills and Thrills new shows announced
Skills and Thrills is coming to NSW
SKILLS AND THRILLS SHOWCASES
Over the past 11 years working with schools SkillsOne has identified a strong need to help parents better understand vocational pathways and the opportunities a vocational education and training (VET) qualification can provide.
Following on from a very successful pilot round of showcases in 2019 SkillsOne Television working with the NSW Government will once again present the Skills and Thrills Careers Showcase Parents Edition. This presentation is focused on educating parents about vocational education and training, highlighting industry trends and promoting VET as a first-choice pathway.
Parents are a driving force in their child’s life and are often looked to for both guidance and career advice. The Skills and Thrills Careers Showcases are designed to provide parents with the knowledge and understanding they need to assist their children to make informed choices.
Through the Showcases parents will learn about the following;
- Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- TAFE/ Private Training Providers
- Funding options available (Smart and Skilled)
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) Options, School- delivered Vet, SBATs and EVET
- Where to find information
- Who can assist/ resources available
- Opportunity to speak with parents and students who have chosen/ who’s child has chosen a VET pathway (Q&A)
Showcase locations include;
- Merriwa Central School - Tuesday 24th March, 6:00 - 7:30pm - https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/91722294853
- Bossley Park High School - Wednesday 25th March, 6:00 - 7:30pm - https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/91723913695
- Sydney Secondary College - Blackwattle Bay Campus - Wednesday 8th April, 5:30 - 7:00pm - https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/91721161463
- Yass High School - Monday 4th May, 6:00 - 7:30pm - https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/91722884617
- Toormina High School - Tuesday 5th May, 6:00 - 7:30pm - https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/91721805389
- East Hills Boys High School - Thursday 7th May, 6:00 - 7:30pm - https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/91723065157
- Pittwater High School - Wednesday 13th May, 6:00 - 7:30pm - https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/91724357021
- The Forest High School - Thursday 14th May, 6:00 - 7:30pm - https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/92468167779
- St Clair High School - Tuesday 19th May, 6:30 - 8:00pm - https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/92136499751
- Narara Valley High School - Thursday 21st May, 5:30 - 7:00pm - https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/91724421213
- Eden Marine High School - Monday 25th May, 5:30 - 7:00pm - https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/91722938779
- Homebush Boys High School - Tuesday 26th May, 6:00 - 7:30pm - https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/91723065157
For more information or to request a Skills and Thrills event at your school please contact SkillsOne Television:
For general information and booking requests: Skills and Thrills Events Assistant: Georgia Turner, firstname.lastname@example.org or 0401 318 814.
For all sponsorship enquiries: Skills and Thrills Executive Project Manager, Kirstin Casey, email@example.com or 0420 652 558.
Back for another year by popular demand, the Skills and Thrills Careers Showcases have been confirmed for 2020!
The Showcases are presented by SkillsOne Television in partnership with the NSW Government and take careers advice out of the classroom and onto the big screen.
In one action packed hour using video, animation, music and guest ambassadors, the Skills and Thrills Showcase will present a unique careers concept that is both informative, unique and engaging.
The Showcase will cover information on career options in the vocational sector, industry trends, school-based apprenticeships and traineeships and will inspire students to connect their passion to a career pathway.
Guest Ambassadors from the NSW Training Awards and local industry representatives will be in attendance, to provide personal stories and industry insight. This presentation is suitable for students in years 7-12, with most benefit for students in years 8-10.
Locations and Dates for 2020 include the following towns across NSW
Round 2, May- June 2020:
- Tamworth- Monday 18th May, Forum 6 Cinema (Session times 11:15-12:15, 12:45-1:45)
- Merimbula- Monday 25th May, Picture Showman Cinema (Session times 9:45-10:45, 11:15-12:15)
- Bega- Monday 25th May, at schools
- Jindabyne - Tuesday 26th May, at schools
- Cooma- Wednesday 27th May, Cooma Twin Cinema (Session times 10:00-11:00, 11:30-12:30)
- Narooma- Thursday 28th May, at schools
- Moruya- Thursday 28th May, at schools
- Batemans Bay- Friday 29th May, Perry Street Cinema (Session times 10:00-11:00, 11:30-12:30)
- Central Coast- Tuesday 23rd June, Central Coast Careers Pathways Expo, Cooranbong (Session times TBC)
To confirm you school’s attendance (whole year groups welcome) please contact Georgia Turner. Please note, places in some sessions can be limited so do confirm as soon as able.
For more information on the Skills and Thrills careers showcase or to request a Skills and Thrills event in your town please contact SkillsOne Television:
For all school booking and general information requests: Skills and Thrills Events Assistant: Georgia Turner, firstname.lastname@example.org or 0401 318 814.For all location requests and sponsorship enquiries: Skills and Thrills Executive Project Manager, Kirstin Casey, email@example.com or 0420 652 558.