Skills and Thrills new shows announced
Skills and Thrills is coming to NSW
SKILLS AND THRILLS 2019-2020 STUDENT CAREERS SHOWCASES (NSW)
Back for another year by popular demand, the Skills and Thrills Careers Showcases have been confirmed for 2019-2020!
The Showcases are presented by SkillsOne Television in partnership with the NSW Government and take careers advice out of the classroom and onto the big screen.
In one action packed hour using video, animation, music and guest ambassadors, the Skills and Thrills Showcase will present a unique careers concept that is both informative, unique and engaging.
The Showcase will cover information on career options in the vocational sector, industry trends, school-based apprenticeships and traineeships and will inspire students to connect their passion to a career pathway.
Guest Ambassadors from the NSW Training Awards, NRL and local industry representatives will be in attendance, to provide personal stories and industry insight.
The Skills and Thrills Showcase has been running successfully across NSW and QLD for five consecutive years with very positive feedback. This presentation is suitable for students in years 8-12, with most benefit for students in years 8-10.
Locations and Dates for 2019-2020 include the following towns across NSW
Round 1, October- December 2019:
- Mudgee: Thursday 14th November, 2019- At schools, please email to request a session time at your school.
- Katoomba/ Blue Mountains: Friday 15th November & Friday 29th November, 2019- At schools, please email to request a session time at your school.
- Newcastle: Monday 18th November, 2019- Newcastle City Hall- Concert Hall. Session times 10am-11am, 12:00-1:00pm. Schools please email to book into a session.
- Cessnock: Tuesday 19th November, 2019- At schools, please email to request a session time at your school.
- Wagga Wagga: Tuesday 26th November, 2019- Forum 6 Cinema Wagga, Session times 9:30-10:30, 11:00-12:00, 12:30-1:30. Schools please email to book into a session.
- Junee & Cootamundra: Wednesday 27th November, 2019- At schools, please email to request a session time at your school.
Round 2, April- May 2020 (times still to be confirmed):
- Batemans Bay
- Coffs Harbour
To confirm you school’s attendance (whole year groups welcome) please contact Georgia Turner. Please note, places in some sessions can be limited so do confirm as soon as able.
For more information on the Skills and Thrills careers showcase or to request a Skills and Thrills event in your town please contact SkillsOne Television:
For all school booking and general information requests: Skills and Thrills Events Assistant: Georgia Turner, email@example.com or 0401 318 814.
For all location requests and sponsorship enquiries: Skills and Thrills Executive Project Manager, Kirstin Casey, firstname.lastname@example.org or 0420 652 558.
SKILLS AND THRILLS PARENTS SHOWCASE (NSW) 2020
Over the past 11 years working with schools SkillsOne has identified a strong need to help parents better understand vocational pathways, the opportunities a vocational education and training (VET) qualification can provide and help parents understand how they can support their child on their career journey.
This year (2019) for the first time, SkillOne Television working with the NSW Government held our first pilot program focused on educating parents about vocational education and training and it’s benefits. Over 10 pilot presentations in the Ultimo and Macquarie Park region we broke down the myths surrounding VET, one of it being a second rate career path and highlighted the great need in NSW for skilled workers.
Parents are a driving force in their child’s life and are often looked to for both guidance and career advice. With a vast amount of information out there, the Skills and Thrills Careers Showcases are designed to provide parents with the knowledge and understanding they need to assist their children to make informed choices.
SkillsOne is current preparing for a further round of Skills and Thrills Parent Showcase in 2020, with times and location to be confirmed. Events will be held at host schools in the evenings to enable parents to attend.
Through the Parents Showcases parents will learn about the following;
- Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- TAFE/ Private Training Providers
- Funding options available (Smart and Skilled)
- In school options (SBAT's)
- Where to find information
- Who can assist/ resources available
- Opportunity to speak with parents and students who have chosen/ who’s child has chosen a VET pathway (Q&A)
For more information on locations and times of the Skills and Thrills Parents Careers Showcase or to request a Skills and Thrills event at your school/ town please contact SkillsOne Television:
For general information and booking requests: Skills and Thrills Events Assistant: Georgia Turner, email@example.com or 0401 318 814.
For all sponsorship enquiries: Skills and Thrills Executive Project Manager, Kirstin Casey, firstname.lastname@example.org or 0420 652 558.